Sunday, March 22, 2015

27 Days of Poetry - Day XXVII



27 Days of Encounter
by Tim Reed

I: I will not be cliche
II: I am fused with those winged machines I love
III: Sincerity is something to fight for
IV: The present slips quickly to the past
V: Isolation and Adventure are often ambiguous
VI: I am too busy
VII: I desire a heart that seeks - even that which is already attained
VIII: I will not be a slave to the fear of the unknown
IX: I will embrace change in my life
X: In the twilight, many things are unclear
XI: I am in love with jazz and the universal language of music
XII: Many words do not imply wisdom
XIII: Adulthood is a complicating force in life
XIV: We are too focused on categorizing and mastering life
XV: Our hope for redemption from shame and fear is Christ
XVI: There is only one living truth
XVII: Exclusivity is a sticking point of my worldview - and I embrace it
XVIII: Communication is so often empty - why? 
XIX: There is more to life than self-image - true meaning is found in the other
XX: It is challenging to see "betterness" applied to diversity of culture - we complete a mosaic
XXI: Duty, responsibility, loyalty - all of these are at the core of who we are
XXII: I repent to God and my fellow man for not affirming their true personhood
XXIII: So much of life is made of what isn't
XXIV: Perhaps Ike would still be with us if he'd read this
XXV: No day is purposeless, regardless of how mundane it seems
XXVI: I will not be a slave to the tyranny of the urgent, nor paralyzed by the papers that try to rule over me
XXVII: There is true learning, beauty, pain, and wisdom in every day - no exceptions

No comments:

Post a Comment